Sunday, April 20, 2008

See It, Believe It

Seeing as no one can bring themselves to believe that I am capable of manual labor, I offer this post.

After a couple of hours of volleyball (of which I did not do too shabby) I went home and did yard work (for those of you who are trying to debunk the legitimacy of this post, notice I'm still in my volleyball gear). See that I am digging up weeds by their roots. Wearing gloves, even, due to the fact that thistle is an exceptionally evil weed, that likes to fight back.

I dug up so many weeds, in fact, that in order to transfer them to the garbage can, I had to use a snow shovel. See the piles of weeds? See them!?

All of this I was doing, by myself, while Tyler was power washing our gutters. It's amazing how much junk falls on the roof and into the rain gutters.

So there you have it folks. When it snows, I shovel the walk. When there are weeds, I dig em up. When the house is dirty, I clean it. When my clothes smell funny, I wash them. I hope we can all accept that I'm a grown up now, I do things I don't necessarily care to do, and can even get dirty in the process.

Peace.

6 comments:

The Fantastic Four said...

We still don't believe it!! Those pics are staged. =) hehehe. Nice job, Mikey.

About Us said...

So, why use a snow shovel? Why not just tote the garbage can around? It is on wheels isn't it? i think you could have used one less step in the process. But still, you did a good job diggin'.

Can you dig it?(yeah, I know I already used this, but I like it)

Mikey said...

I didn't drag the can around with me, I just dug em up and threw em in a pile. The can got pretty heavy after I filled it up. I think it would have been more work to pull it around with me.

Chris and Erin said...

Mike I loved seeing these pictures. I have seen you do some manual labor on a few occasions but its so fun to see you at you at your own house. The joys of being a home owner huh!

The British Lass said...

So I just found your blog Mikey... I know what I'm going to be doing during my free time at work. Can't wait to read up on all your adventures.
Love ya,
Shelby Jean
P.S. Great job on the yard! It looks great!

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

Mike, I love your blog. I just found it through Erin. It's great to see your pictures. And the commentary is very funny. Miriam