Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh My Edward

Hello Twilighters!

We took the family and some friends to the Twilight movie on Saturday night. In case anyone is feeling "on the fence" about whether or not to go see it in the theater or wait for it to come out on DVD, I offer the following post. Don't worry, there won't be any spoilers.


Hello makeup! You can only put so much white facepaint and red lipgloss on someone before it looks ridiculous. In the world of computer-modified pictures, couldn't we find a better way to vamp out the cast? Regardless, it was only a minor distraction for me, and didn't ruin the movie by any means.

Alice, the actress, the character, perfect. I'm only disappointed that we didn't get to see much of her, or the other Cullens for that matter. My recollection of the first book is somewhat hazy, but the other vamps played an extremely minor role to Eddie and Bells. I think we actually got to see more of Chief Swan than the book portrayed. My first thought was that he is a bigger name than some of the other cast members, but then I recognized Carlisle as Peter Facinelli, and I became more disappointed in the fact that we didn't see him more.

Finally, awkward teenage moments...in this movie there are several. If you thought the book read like a high school diary (like I did) then you may find yourself shifting in your seat at several points in this movie (like I did).

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy the movie, but I would have enjoyed it more at the price of a Redbox movie, and not the silver screen.

3 comments:

Chris and Erin said...

AMEN!! I hate all that teen crap at the beginning, and Charlie . . could there be a worse actor. I wanted to see way more Cullens and them falling in love. Besides the vampires are suppose to be so HOT they were wierd to me.

The Circus said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I did read the books. I thought the books were entertaining enough, but I certainly didn't become a fanatic over them (the third one was terrible I thought). So I'm really not sure that I want to see the movie at all as books are often better...

About Us said...

Touche Mikdol! I think most people had a difficult time with this movie for some reason. But I agree, I would have loved to see more vampires and wished Edward was a little more charming than was portrayed. I felt like they really rushed the falling in love and that bugged me a little. But whaddya do?